About the Alliance
For over 38 years, the four Atlantic provincial governments have been working together to assist the craft industry in Atlantic Canada. The Atlantic Craft Trade Show (ACTS) has been the main trade activity for this purpose. In 2009, the government partners involved in producing ACTS developed a new organizational model to more effectively involve and engage the craft industry in our region.
As a result, a pan-Atlantic trade association was formed to further develop the Atlantic Craft Trade Show and begin the process of government and industry partners working together on a pan-Atlantic basis for the benefit of all craft related organizations in Atlantic Canada.
- To provide marketing opportunities for Atlantic Provinces producers of quality craft, apparel and giftware products
- To encourage entry into wholesale and export markets and to enhance the professionalism, education and advancement of the above sectors in Atlantic Canada.
- Conduct, coordinate, and encourage effective marketing and development of the craft, giftware and apparel sectors in Atlantic Canada
- Research, publish and advocate for craft sector development with our craft organization members and partners in the region
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information and policy in the craft, giftware and apparel sectors
- Provide developmental services and opportunities to the craft, giftware and apparel sectors
- Engage in activities like trade shows, export missions, and workshops which will enhance the professionalism, education and advancement of the craft, giftware and apparel sectors in the region